Requires custom domain
You must have a custom domain to integrate with Zoom, due to their domain requirements.
This guide is for both Zoom and Zoom Admin. You will have to select which of these you are connecting with both in Xkit and on Zoom's site, and the scopes vary across the two.
Zoom's Guide: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/oauth
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Zoom" or "Zoom Admin", depending on which you would like to connect with (Note: This must match the app type you choose to connect with on Zoom's site, in the next step). At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Zoom in the next step, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Zoom after registering your app with them.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Zoom account or create an account if you don't have one.
- Visit this link: https://marketplace.zoom.us/develop/create and click "Create" under OAuth.
- Input your app name and select whether you would like to connect with the account-level app (Zoom Admin) or the user-managed app (Zoom) (this must match what you selected in the Xkit platform, in the previous step).
- Click "Create".
- After completing the last step, you should have been taken to a screen that shows the development and production Client ID and Client Secret. Copy/paste the production Client ID into the Client ID field and the Client secret into the Client Secret field on the Xkit page. If you like, also save the development Client ID and Client secret.
- Copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the development and production Redirect URL fields on the Zoom page.
- Additionally, provide Zoom with your app logo.
- Fill out the next few pages of app-related information.
- On the Scopes page, click "+ Add Scopes" and select your required permissions.
- Input a description of how your app intends to use the selected scopes.
- Continue filling out the app information on the remaining pages, including validating your domain via Zoom's instructions, and click to "Submit" the application.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Zoom and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Zoom and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Zoom with Xkit!
Updated about a month ago