First User Integration - Analytics
Steps to set up Google Analytics with Xkit if you haven't connected to any Google apps before
This guide walks you through how to set up Google Analytics if you have not connected to another Google app before.
If you have connected to another Google app already, please see: Google Analytics as an additional Google integration.
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v4/?hl=en_US
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Google Analytics connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Google Analytics". At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Google in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Google after registering your app with them.
2. Register your application with Google.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- Visit the Google API Console.
- Click "CREATE PROJECT", enter the name of your application and click "CREATE".
3. Enable the Google Analytics Reporting API.
- From the Google API console, click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES".
- Search "Google Analytics Reporting API" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE".
4. Set the permissions/scopes
- From the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar and submit the requested general information about your application.
- In the "Scopes" section, select the permissions/scopes your application requires (additional details about the scopes are available here).
- Complete the remaining general information and click "Save".
5. Provide Google Analytics with the callback url.
- Click "Credentials" in the sidebar.
- Click "Create Credentials" and then "OAuth client ID" in the dropdown.
- Input the requested information about your app, including copying/pasting the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the "Authorized redirect URIs" field on the Google page.
- Click "CREATE".
6. Submit your application information for verification.
- Click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar and click "EDIT APP."
- Review all of the fields you entered and scopes requested.
- For more info on Google's API verification, click here.
7. Provide Xkit with the credentials.
- You will find the credentials you created under "OAuth 2.0 Client IDs".
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client secret onto the Xkit page.
8. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Google and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Google Analytics and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Google Analytics with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago