Additional Service Account - Admin
Steps to set up Google Admin Service Account with Xkit
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/service-account
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
This guide walks you through how to set up Google Admin if you have already connected with another Google Service Account.
If you have not connected with another Google Service Account before, please see: Google Service Account - Admin.
User Impersonation tokens
Google Service Accounts allow you to retrieve access tokens for any user in a G Suite / Google Workspace account with user impersonation. To get tokens for a specific user, use the
provider_user_idquery parameter in the Get User Connection API call. See Retrieve user tokens for more information.
1. Add the Google Admin Service Account connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar.
- Click "Google Admin Service Account."
2. Enable the Admin SDK API.
- In the Google Cloud Platform, use the sidebar to go to the "API & Services" dashboard.
- Click "+ ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES."
- Search "Admin SDK API" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE."
3. Update Catalog and Connector Settings in Xkit.
- Return to the Xkit Google Admin Service Account connector page.
- Adjust Catalog Settings fields to customize how the connector will appear to users and click "Save."
- Select the requested scopes and click "Save."
4. Test the Xkit connection to Google Admin.
- Click "Test Google Admin Connection" to ensure that your Xkit Connector is receiving credentials from Google.
- In the popup window, approve the permission request.
- This popup is the same interaction your end user will have when they authorize their Google account in your app.
- Click "Finish."
You've now successfully connected Google Admin Service Account with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago