Steps to set up Intercom with Xkit
Intercom's Guide: https://developers.intercom.com/building-apps/docs/setting-up-oauth
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Intercom connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Intercom". At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Intercom in the next step, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Intercom after registering your app with them.
2. Register your application with Intercom.
- Sign in to your Intercom developer account or create a free developer account if you don't have one.
- Click "New app".
- Enter the name of your application and type of app.
- Click "Create app".
3. Provide Xkit with the credentials.
- Click "Basic information" in the sidebar. At this point, you should see your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client Secret onto the Xkit page.
4. Provide Intercom with the callback url.
- Click "Authentication" in the sidebar, then "Edit" at the top right.
- In the OAuth section, check the "Use OAuth" box.
- Click "Add redirect URL" and copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform.
5. Select the required permissions.
- Scroll down and select/deselect your required scopes/permissions (more information about the scopes can be found here).
- Click "Save" at the top right.
6. Submit your application for production access.
- In the sidebar, click "Test and publish" and then "Submit for a review".
- Input the description of your app and link to a video of the integration, if applicable.
- Click "Submit for Review".
7. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Intercom and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Intercom with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago