Facebook's Guide: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/overview
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Facebook Ads". At this point you'll see a callback URL, which you'll provide to Facebook in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Facebook after registering your app with them.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Facebook developer account or create an account if you don't have one.
- Visit this link: https://developers.facebook.com/apps/
- Click "Create App" and then "For Everything Else".
- Provide the general information about the app, including the name of your app, and click "Create App ID".
- Under "Facebook Login", click "Set Up".
- Click "Settings" in the sidebar.
- Copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the "Valid OAuth Redirect URIs" field on the Facebook page and click "Save Changes".
- To use the Facebook Ads API, you will also need to add the Marketing API. Click the "+" next to Products in the sidebar, and then click "Set Up" under "Marketing API".
- Next, in the sidebar, click "Settings" and then "Basic".
- Copy/paste your App ID into the Client ID field and the App secret into the Client Secret field on the Xkit page.
- Then, click the "In development" toggle.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Facebook and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and click "Save".
- On the next page, select the permissions your application requires and click "Save" (additional details about the scopes are available here).
You've now successfully connected Facebook Ads with Xkit!
Updated about 2 years ago