This guide walks you through how to set up Google Search Console if you have not connected to another Google app before.
If you have connected to another Google app already, please see: Google Search Console as an additional Google integration.
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/webmaster-tools/search-console-api-original/v3/prereqs
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Google Search Console". At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Google in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Google after registering your app with them.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- Visit the Google API Console.
- Click "CREATE PROJECT", enter the name of your application and click "CREATE".
- From the Google API console, click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES".
- Search "Google Search Console" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE".
- From the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar and submit the requested general information about your application.
- Under "Scopes for Google APIs", select the permissions/scopes your application requires (additional details about the scopes are available in the scope table here).
- Click "Add".
- Complete the remaining general information and click "Save".
- Click "Credentials" in the sidebar.
- Click "Create Credentials" and then "OAuth client ID" in the dropdown.
- Input the requested information about your app, including copying/pasting the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the "Authorized redirect URIs" field on the Google page.
- Click "CREATE".
- After completing the last step, you should see the credentials you just created under "OAuth 2.0 Client IDs". Click this to see details.
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client secret onto the Xkit page.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Google and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Google Search Console and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Google Search Console with Xkit!
Updated about 2 years ago