This guide walks you through how to set up Google Ads if you have already connected with another Google app.
If you have not connected with another Google app before, please see: Google Ads as your first Google integration.
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/start
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Google Ads".
- At this point, pause on the Xkit setup and instead continue to the next step to set up the connection on Google's side. You'll return to the Xkit screen shortly.
- In a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- From the Google API console, click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES".
- Search "Google Ads" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE".
- From the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar.
- Click "EDIT APP".
- Under "Scopes for Google APIs", click "Add scope" and then "Manually paste." In the box that appears below, copy/paste the following: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/adwords (additional details about the scopes are available here).
- Click "Add" and then "Save".
- Back in the Xkit platform, fill out the Catalog Settings page and click "Save".
- On the next page, select the Google Ads permission/scope again and click "Save".
- Google Ads additionally requires a developer token in order to make calls to the API. To create your developer token, first visit https://ads.google.com/home and sign in to your Google Ads Manager account.
- Click "TOOLS & SETTINGS" in the top toolbar, then "SETUP" and then "API Center".
- Input the requested information about your app and click "CREATE TOKEN".
- At this point, you will be provided with a test developer token. Click "Access level" and then "Apply for Basic Access" and fill out the additional requested information to be granted a production developer token.
You've now successfully connected Google Ads with Xkit!
Updated about a month ago