Initial Google API Set up
This guide walks you through how to set up multiple Google APIs when initially registering your app with Google. There is no "Google Workspace API" in the Google Developers Console.
If you have connected to another Google API already, please reference the guide for the individual API you are looking to add.
Google Workspace APIs: https://developers.google.com/gsuite/aspects/apis
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Google Workspace". At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Google in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Google after registering your app with them.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- Visit the Google API Console.
- Click "Create Project", enter the name of your application and click "CREATE".
- From the Google API console, click "Enable APIs and Services".
- Search for the APIs you require in the Library and click "Enable".
- From the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar and submit the requested general information about your application.
- Under the "Scopes" section, click "Add or Remove Scopes" and select the permissions/scopes your application requires (additional details about available scopes here).
- Click "Update".
- Complete the remaining general information and click "Prepare For Verification".
- Click "Credentials" in the sidebar.
- Click "Create Credentials" and then "OAuth client ID" in the dropdown.
- Input the requested information about your app, including copying/pasting the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the "Authorized redirect URIs" field on the Google page.
- Click "CREATE".
- After completing the last step, you should see the credentials you just created under "OAuth 2.0 Client IDs".
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client secret onto the Xkit page and click "Save".
- Customize the Catalog Settings page and click "Save".
- Return to your App in the Google Developers Console and click "OAuth consent screen".
- Select "Prepare for Verification" and review the previously submitted information.
- Click "Submit for Verification".
- Select the same permissions/scopes you selected in the Google Developers Console and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected multiple APIs in the Google Workspace with Xkit!
Updated about 1 year ago