Steps to set up Slack with Xkit
Slack's Guide: https://api.slack.com/
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Slack connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Slack". At this point you'll see a callback URL, which you'll provide to Slack in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Slack after registering your app with them.
2. Register your application with Slack.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Slack workspace or create a new workspace if you don't have one.
- Visit Slack's App Management page.
- Click "Create an app", enter the name of your application and your related Slack workspace and click "Create App".
3. Provide Xkit with the credentials.
- After completing the last step, you should have been taken to a screen that shows your Client ID and Client Secret.
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client Secret onto the Xkit page.
4. Provide Slack with the callback url.
- Click "OAuth & Permissions" in the sidebar.
- Click "Add New Redirect URL" and then copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform.
- Click "Save URLs".
5. Select the required permissions.
- Still on the "OAuth & Permissions" page, scroll down to see Scopes. Add the scopes/permissions that your application requires (additional details about the scopes are available here).
6. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Slack and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Slack and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Slack with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago