Steps to set up Dropbox with Xkit
This guide is for both Dropbox and Dropbox Business. You will have to select which of these you are connecting with both in Xkit and on Dropbox's site, and the scopes vary across the two.
Dropbox's Guide: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/oauth-guide
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Dropbox or Dropbox Business connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Dropbox" or "Dropbox Business", depending on which you would like to connect with (Note: This must match the API you choose to connect with on Dropbox's site, in the next step). At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Dropbox in the next step, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Dropbox after registering your app with them.
2. Register your application with Dropbox.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Dropbox account or create an account if you don't have one.
- Visit this link: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps and click "Create app".
- Select whether you would like to connect with the Dropbox API or the Dropbox Business API (this must match what you selected in the Xkit platform, in the previous step).
- Select your required access and input the name of your app.
- Click "Create app".
3. Provide Xkit with the credentials.
- After completing the last step, you should have been taken to a screen that shows your App key and App secret.
- Copy/paste the App key into the Client ID field and the App secret into the Client Secret field on the Xkit page.
4. Provide Dropbox with the callback url.
- Copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the Redirect URI field and click "Add".
5. Submit your application for production access.
- At this point, your application has Developer-only status. To apply for production access, scroll up and click "Apply for production".
6. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Dropbox and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select your required permissions/scopes and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Dropbox with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago