This guide walks you through how to set up Jira Service Desk Cloud if you have already connected with Jira Cloud, Jira Core Cloud, Jira Software Cloud or Confluence Cloud.
If you have not already connected with any of those apps, please see: Jira Service Desk Cloud as your first Atlassian integration.
Jira's Guide: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Jira Service Desk Cloud".
- At this point, pause on the Xkit setup and instead continue to the next step to set up the connection on Jira's side. You'll return to the Xkit screen shortly.
- In a separate window, sign in to your Jira/Atlassian account.
- Visit this link: https://developer.atlassian.com/apps and click your app.
- Click "+ Add" in the sidebar.
- Under "Jira Service Desk API", click "Add".
- Jira Service Desk also requires some permissions from the Jira platform API. Therefore, also add this by clicking "Add" under "Jira platform REST API" if you have not connected with this already.
- Under "Jira Service Desk API", click "Configure".
- Click "Add" next to your required scopes (additional details about the scopes are available in the OAuth2 section of this page).
- In the sidebar, click "Jira platform REST API" and click "Add" next to any other required scopes.
- Back in the Xkit platform, fill out the Catalog Settings page and click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Jira Service Desk Cloud and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Jira Service Desk Cloud with Xkit!
Updated about 1 year ago