Steps to set up GitLab with Xkit
GitLab's Guide: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/api/README.html
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the GitLab connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "GitLab". At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to GitLab in the next step, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from GitLab after registering your app with them.
2. Register your application with GitLab.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your GitLab account or create an account if you don't have one.
- Visit this link: https://gitlab.com/profile/applications (or you can click your icon in the top right and go to Settings > Applications in the sidebar).
- Under "Add new application", enter the name of your application.
- Copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the "Redirect URI" field on the GitLab page.
- Check or uncheck the "Confidential" box.
3. Select the required permissions.
- Select the required scopes/permissions in the GitLab interface.
- Click "Save application".
4. Provide Xkit with the credentials.
- After completing the last step, you should have been taken to a screen that shows your Application ID and Secret.
- Copy/paste the Application ID into the Client ID field and the Secret into the Client Secret field on the Xkit page.
5. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to GitLab and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into GitLab and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected GitLab with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago