This guide walks you through how to set up Gmail if you have already connected with another Google app.
If you have not connected with another Google app before, please see: Gmail as your first Google integration.
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/guides
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Gmail".
- At this point, pause on the Xkit setup and instead continue to the next step to set up the connection on Google's side. You'll return to the Xkit screen shortly.
- In a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- From the Google API console, click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES".
- Search "Gmail" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE".
- From the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar.
- Click "EDIT APP".
- Under "Scopes for Google APIs", select the permissions/scopes your application requires (additional details about the scopes are available here).
- Click "Add" and then "Save".
- Back in the Xkit platform, fill out the Catalog Settings page and click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Gmail and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Gmail with Xkit!
Updated over 1 year ago