This guide is for Salesforce, Salesforce Chatter, and Pardot. You will have to select which of these you are connecting with in Xkit and on Salesforce's site.
Salesforce's Guide: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=remoteaccess_authenticate.htm&type=5
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Salesforce", "Salesforce Chatter" or "Pardot", depending on which you would like to connect with (Note: This must match the scopes you choose to connect with on Salesforce's site, in the third step). At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Salesforce in the next step, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Salesforce after registering your app with them.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Salesforce developer account or create an account if you don't have one.
- Visit this link: https://na123.lightning.force.com/lightning/setup/SetupOneHome/home.
- In the sidebar, scroll down and click "Apps" and then "Apps Manager".
- Click "New Connected App" and then enter the name of your application and contact email address.
- Scroll down and check the "Enable OAuth Settings" checkbox.
- Copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform onto the Salesforce page.
- Scroll down further to the "Selected OAuth Scopes" section in the Salesforce interface. Select your required scopes/permissions. The pardot_api scope corresponds to the Pardot Xkit connector, the chatter_api corresponds to the Salesforce Chatter Xkit connector, and the api, full, visualforce, web and/or custom_permissions scopes correspond to the Salesforce Xkit connector.
- As mentioned in the callout below, be sure to also include the openid and refresh_token scopes.
- After you have added the scopes, scroll down and click "Save" and then "Continue".
Additional scopes required
To manage Salesforce's access tokens, you will also need to add the openid and refresh_token scopes.
- After completing the last step, you should have been taken to a screen that shows your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
- Copy/paste the Consumer Key into the Client ID field and the Consumer Secret into the Client Secret field on the Xkit page.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Salesforce and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Salesforce and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Salesforce with Xkit!
Updated 7 months ago