Steps to set up Linear with Xkit
Linear's Guide: https://developers.linear.app/docs/oauth/authentication
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Linear connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar and click on the Linear connector.
- You will see a callback URL, which you will provide to Linear in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you will get from Linear after creating your app with them.
2. Register your app with Linear and provide Xkit callback URL.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Linear account.
- Click on the drop down in the top left corner and then click "Settings."
- In the sidebar, click "API" and then click "Create new" under the "Your Applications" section.
- Enter the requested information and provide the callback URL that Xkit generated on the previous screen and click "Create."
3. Provide Xkit with the Linear app credentials.
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client secret onto the Xkit page.
- Click "Save" on the Xkit Service Provider Settings.
4. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Customize the Catalog Settings page if desired and click "Save."
- Select the permissions/scopes you require for your app and click "Save".
5. Test the Xkit connection to the Linear app.
- Click "Test Linear Connector" to ensure that your Xkit Connector is receiving credentials from Linear.
- In the popup window, authorize the connection to Linear.
- This popup is the same interaction your end user will have when they authorize their Linear account in your app.
- Click "Finish" to finish setting up your connector.
You've now successfully connected Linear with Xkit!
Updated about 2 years ago