First User Integration - Admin
Steps to set up Google Admin with Xkit if you haven't connected to any Google apps before
This guide walks you through how to set up Google Admin if you have not connected to another Google app before.
If you have connected to another Google app already, please see: Google Admin as an additional Google integration.
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Google Admin connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar and click on the Google Admin connector.
- You will see a callback URL, which you will provide to Google in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you will get from Google after creating your integration with them.
2. Create Project and register your application with Google.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- Visit the Google API Console.
- Click "CREATE PROJECT", enter the name of your application and click "CREATE".
3. Enable the Admin SDK API.
- From the Google API console, click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES".
- Search "Admin SDK API" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE".
4. Set the permissions/scopes in the Google Dashboard.
- Return to the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar and submit the requested general information about your application.
- Under the Scopes section, select the permissions/scopes your application requires.
- Add test users to your app so they can access it while in testing.
- You will have a chance to review this information again before publishing your app.
5. Provide Google with the callback url and retrieve the credentials.
- Click "Credentials" in the sidebar.
- Click "Create Credentials" and then "OAuth client ID" in the dropdown.
- Enter your Application type and a name.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "ADD URI" under "Authorized redirect URIs."
- Copy/paste the callback URL Xkit provide in the previous step.
- Click "CREATE".
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client Secret onto the Xkit page.
6. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Customize the Catalog Settings page if desired and click "Save."
- Select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Google and click "Save".
7. Test the Xkit connection to Google Admin.
- Click "Test Google Admin Connection" to ensure that your Xkit Connector is receiving credentials from Google.
- In the popup window, approve the permission request.
- This popup is the same interaction your end user will have when they authorize their Google account in your app.
- Click "Finish."
8. Submit your application for verification.
- In the Google Dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar, select "PUBLISH APP" and confirm that you want to push the app to production.
- If your app required scopes that contain sensitive info, Google may require additional info to verify your app.
- Click 'PREPARE FOR VERIFICATION."
- Review the information that you previously entered and provide the additional supporting.
- Click "SUBMIT FOR VERIFICATION."
You've now successfully connected Google Admin with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago