Steps to set up Todoist with Xkit
Todoist's Guide: https://developer.todoist.com/sync/v8/#overview
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Todoist connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Todoist". At this point you'll see a callback url, which you'll provide to Todoist in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Todoist after registering your app with them.
2. Register your application with Todoist.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Todoist account or create an account if you don't have one.
- Visit Todoist's App Management Console.
- Click "Create a new app", enter the name of your application and click "Create app".
3. Provide Xkit with the credentials.
- After completing the last step, you should have been taken to a screen that shows your Client ID and Client secret.
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Client secret onto the Xkit page.
4. Provide Todoist with the callback url.
- Copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the "OAuth redirect URL" field on the Todoist page.
- If you like, you can also input other information like a description of your application and your logo.
- Click "Save settings".
5. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Todoist and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the permissions/scopes your application requires and click "Save" (additional details about the scopes are available here).
You've now successfully connected Todoist with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago