Additional User Integration - Admin
Steps to set up Google Admin with Xkit if you have already integrated with another Google app
This guide walks you through how to set up Google Admin if you have already connected with another Google app.
If you have not connected with another Google app before, please see: Google Admin as your first Google integration.
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Google Admin connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar and click on the Google Admin connector.
- You will see a callback URL, which you will provide to Google in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you will get from Google after creating your integration with them.
2. Enable the Admin SDK API.
- In a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- From the Google API console, click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES".
- Search "Admin SDK API" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE".
3. Add the required permissions/scopes.
- From the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar.
- Click "EDIT APP".
- Under "Scopes for Google APIs", select the permissions/scopes your application requires
- Additional details about the scopes are available here.).
- Click "Add" and then "Save".
4. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Customize the Catalog Settings page if desired and click "Save."
- Select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Google and click "Save".
5. Test the Xkit connection to Google Admin.
- Click "Test Google Admin Connection" to ensure that your Xkit Connector is receiving credentials from Google.
- In the popup window, approve the permission request.
- This popup is the same interaction your end user will have when they authorize their Google account in your app.
- Click "Finish."
You've now successfully connected Google Admin with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago