Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/service-account
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
User Impersonation tokens
Google Service Accounts allow you to retrieve access tokens for any user in a G Suite / Google Workspace account with user impersonation. To get tokens for a specific user, use the
provider_user_idquery parameter in the Get User Connection API call. See Retrieve user tokens for more information.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar.
- Click "Google Admin Service Account".
- Next, in a separate window, visit the Google Cloud Platform.
- Hover the cursor over "IAM & Admin" and click on Service Accounts.
- Click "CREATE PROJECT", enter the name of your application and click "CREATE".
- From the Google Service Accounts page, click on your project.
- Click "+ Create Service Account" at the top of the page.
- Enter the requested information and click "Done" to create the service account.
- Click on the recently created service account.
- Scroll down and click on "Add Key" and then "Create new key" to download the JSON file.
- Use the sidebar to go to the "API & Services" dashboard.
- Click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES."
- Search "Admin SDK API" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE."
- Return to the Xkit Google Admin Service Account connector page.
- Click "Select File" and upload the downloaded JSON file; the info will populate in the Xkit fields.
- Click "Save" to update the service provider settings.
- Confirm the "Catalog Settings" and click "Save."
- Select the requested Scopes and click "Save."
- Click "Test Google Admin Connection" to ensure that your Xkit Connector is receiving credentials from Google.
- In the popup window, approve the permission request.
- This popup is the same interaction your end user will have when they authorize their Google account in your app.
- Click "Finish."
You've now successfully connected Google Admin Service Account with Xkit!
Updated about 1 year ago