Shopify's Guide: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/authenticate-with-oauth
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar and click on the Shopify connector.
- You will see a callback URL, which you will provide to Shopify in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you will get from Shopify after creating your integration with them.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Shopify partner dashboard.
- In the sidebar, click "Apps" and then click "Create app" in the top right corner.
- Choose whether you are creating a Custom App or a Public App,
- Provide the name your app, the URL of your app and the redirect/callback URL that Xkit generated on the previous screen and click "Create app".
- Copy/paste your API key and API Secret Key onto the Xkit page.
- Click "Save" on the Xkit Service Provider Settings.
- Customize the Catalog Settings page if desired and click "Save."
- Select the permissions/scopes you require for your app and click "Save".
- Click "Test Shopify Connection" to ensure that your Xkit Connector is receiving credentials from Shopify.
- In the popup window, enter the API key from your Shopify developer account and click "Save." This popup is the same interaction your end user will have when they authorize their Shopify account in your app.
- Click "Finish" to finish setting up your connector.
You've now successfully connected Shopify with Xkit!
Updated 18 days ago