This guide walks you through how to set up Google Analytics if you have already connected with another Google app.
If you have not connected with another Google app before, please see: Google Analytics as your first Google integration.
Google's Guide: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v4/?hl=en_US
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Google Analytics".
- At this point, pause on the Xkit setup and instead continue to the next step to set up the connection on Google's side. You'll return to the Xkit screen shortly.
- In a separate window, sign in to your Google account.
- From the Google API console, click "ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES".
- Search "Google Analytics Reporting API" and click on it.
- Click "ENABLE".
- From the Google API Console dashboard, click "OAuth consent screen" in the sidebar.
- Click "EDIT APP".
- Advance to the "Scopes" section and click "Add or Remove Scopes." In the text box that appears at the bottom, copy/paste the following: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/analytics.readonly and https://www.googleapis.com/auth/analytics
- Additional details about the scopes are available here.
- Click "Add to Table" and then "Update".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save and Continue."
- Back in the Xkit platform, fill out the Catalog Settings page and click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Google Analytics and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Google Analytics with Xkit!
Updated over 1 year ago