This guide walks you through how to set up Jira Software Cloud if you haven't already connected to Jira Cloud, Jira Core Cloud, Jira Service Desk Cloud, or Confluence Cloud.
If you have already connected with any of those apps, please see: Jira Software Cloud as an additional Atlassian integration.
Jira's Guide: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New connector" in the sidebar or at the bottom of the "Connectors" screen.
- Click "Jira Software Cloud". At this point you'll see a callback URL, which you'll provide to Jira Software Cloud in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you'll get from Jira Software Cloud after registering your app with them.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Jira/Atlassian account or create an account if you don't have one.
- Visit this link: https://developer.atlassian.com/apps/
- Click "Create new app". Enter the name of your application, check the box to agree to the terms, and click "Create".
- After completing the last step, you should have been taken to a screen that shows your Client ID and Secret.
- Copy/paste your Client ID and Secret onto the Xkit page.
- If you like, you can also enter a description of your app and your logo on this page.
- Click "OAuth 2.0 (3LO)" in the sidebar.
- Copy/paste the callback URL from the Xkit platform into the "Callback URL" field on the Jira Software Cloud page.
- Click "Save changes".
- After saving changes in the last step, you will see a message that says "Your app doesn't have any APIs. Add APIs to your app." Click the "Add APIs" link.
- Under "Jira platform REST API", click "Add".
- Again under "Jira platform REST API", click "Configure".
- Click "Add" next to your required scopes (additional details about the scopes are available in the OAuth2 section of this page).
- Now that you've provided the callback URL to Jira Software Cloud and entered the Client ID and Client Secret into the Xkit platform, click "Save" on the Xkit page.
- Fill out the Catalog Settings page and again click "Save".
- On the next page, select the same permissions/scopes you entered into Jira Software Cloud and click "Save".
You've now successfully connected Jira Software Cloud with Xkit!
Updated about a month ago