Steps to set up Help Scout with Xkit
Help Scout's Guide: https://developer.helpscout.com/mailbox-api/
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
1. Add the Help Scout connector in the Xkit platform.
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar and click on the Help Scout connector.
- You will see a callback URL, which you will provide to Help Scout in one of the following steps, and places to input the Client ID and Client Secret that you will get from Help Scout after creating your integration with them.
2. Create your integration with Help Scout and provide Xkit callback URL.
- Next, in a separate window, sign in to your Help Scout account.
- Click the icon in the top right corner, then click "Your Profile", followed by "My Apps" tab and then "Create My App".
- Name the app and add the redirect/callback URL that Xkit generated on the previous screen and click "Create".
3. Provide Xkit with the credentials.
- Copy/paste your App ID and App Secret onto the Xkit page.
- Click "Save" on the Xkit Service Provider Settings.
4. Complete the Xkit connection setup.
- Customize the Catalog Settings page if desired and click "Save"
You've now successfully connected Help Scout with Xkit!
Updated over 2 years ago