Segment's OAuth Guide: https://segment.com/docs/partners/enable-with-segment/
Segment Developer Docs: https://segment.com/docs/partners/
Authorization protocol: OAuth 2.0
- In the Xkit platform, click "New Connector" in the sidebar and click on Segment.
- You will see places to input the Destination Slug, Client ID and Client Secret that you will obtain from Segment.
- You will also see a Callback URL and Events Webhook URL which you will provide to Segment in one of the following steps.
- In a separate window, sign in to your Segment developer account and create an app.
- Click on "App Info" and then click on "OAuth" in the sidebar.
- Provide Segment with the Callback URL you received from Xkit in the previous step.
- Type the Destination Slug of your Segment app onto the Xkit page. This is available as the "Slug" in the "Basic Info" section on the sidebar.
- Copy/paste your Segment Client ID and Client Secret onto the Xkit page. (You may need to regenerate your Client Secret in order to make it visible)
- Do NOT click "Save" on the Xkit Service Provider Settings, you'll still need the Events Webhook URL for the next step.
- Return to your Segment app and click "Components."
- Click "Subscription" and select HTTP Endpoint.
- Copy/paste the Events Webhook URL Xkit previously provided into "Your API Endpoint."
- Click "Save & Next: Test."
- Click "Next: Information." (you don't need to manually test this endpoint, we've done it for you!)
- Add a one line description of where to find the integration settings page where the user will install Segment in your app (i.e. where you have your Xkit Catalog).
- Click "Save & Next: Publish."
You don't need to publish your Segment app in order to test it, so no need to submit it for review just yet.
- Click "Save" on the Xkit Service Provider Settings.
- Customize the Catalog Settings page if desired and click "Save."
- Click "Test Segment Connector" to ensure that your Xkit Connector is correctly configured with Segment.
- In the popup window, authorize the connection to Segment.
- This popup is the same interaction your end user will have when they authorize their Segment account in your app.
- Click "Finish" to finish setting up your connector.
You've now successfully connected Segment with Xkit!
- Now that you've set up your Segment destination, you're ready to publish it with Segment. Segment needs some more information to review your app.
- Click on "App Info" in the top bar and fill out the information requested under "Basic Info" and "Launch Info" in the sidebar menu.
- Click on "Components" in the top bar
- Click on "Subscription" (which should currently be "In Progress")
- Click "Publish" in the top bar
- Click "Submit for Review."
Segment will now review your app for inclusion in their destination catalog!
Updated 8 months ago